Reading Time: 4 minutes
The word CBD is no longer whispered in hushed tones by those who dare to use it, or frowned upon by people who haven’t tried it yet. In fact, CBD has become so popular, is so widely spoken about, and sold and used by so many people, that the facts about CBD, its uses, dosage, and side effects have become jumbled and often misconstrued.
Let’s examine, despite its popularity, what you really need to know about CBD Oil.
What Is CBD?
CBD is short for cannabidiol. Our bodies have a system called the Endocannabinoid System (ECS). This system also accommodates endocannabinoids from plants, of which CBD is an example. CBD communicates with the receptors that activate the cells and helps organs and tissue maintain a stable environment.
Derived from the Cannabis Strativa plant (industrial hemp plant) it contains very little of the ingredient that makes you “high,” THC (less than 0.3%), and is produced through a non-toxic carbon dioxide (CO2) cold press technique.
CBD has been shown to have numerous health benefits and has been used successfully in the treatment of pain, anxiety, nausea, and vomiting, and to ease the symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease, Epilepsy, Multiple Sclerosis, among many others.
Is CBD Legal In Florida?
Yes, it is. In December 2018 the United States Senate passed the Farm Bill. Section 12619 of the Farm Bill removes hemp-derived products from Schedule 1 status in the Controlled Substance Act. What most people aren’t aware of, is that CBD remains Schedule 1 under Federal Law unless it is produced in a manner consisted with:
- The Farm Bill
- Associated Federal Regulations
- Associated State Regulations and
- The grower is licensed
How Can CBD Oil Be Used?
There are different ways CBD can be used, and the method you choose would be determined by the condition you are treating or how fast you need it to work.
CBD Oil Can Be Administered:
- Sublingually – Placing the oil under your tongue and holding it there for 60 – 90 seconds, is the best method if you want fast results, as the desired effect is felt within a few minutes.
- Topically – CBD Oil, massaged into the affected area for pain, will take 20 – 40 minutes to work. It can also be used topically for the treatment of sunspots and acne.
- Orally – Put into tea, coffee, smoothies, soups, or even salad dressings, CBD Oil will give the desired effect but may take a few hours to do so.
Is The CBD Oil Dosage The Same For Everyone?
CBD Oil is not “one size fits all” even if you weigh the same or have the same condition as someone else. CBD Oil dosage is very individual and will depend on:
- Your weight
- Your metabolism
- The condition you are treating
It is also important to remember that the serving size will vary as the condition you are treating changes.
Is CBD Oil Addictive?
Unlike drugs like Heroin or Cocaine, CBD Oil is not addictive. It has no “euphoric” side effects because it contains less than 0.3% THC. The only effect you will have by stopping the use of CBD Oil is that all the unpleasant effects you were taking it for in the first place, will return
How Do I Know If The CBD Oil Is Pure?
It is vital that you purchase CBD Oil from a reputable supplier. Examine the ingredients on the label, and a reputable CBD Oil supplier will be able to produce a laboratory ( accredited with International Organization Of Standardization, ISO) report, that is not older than 8-10 months, verifying the ingredients on the label.
The Laboratory Report Should Indicate:
- If the ingredients on the label are accurate
- If the ingredients are natural and organic or if they have been enhanced in any way
- If the CBD Oil contains less than 0.3% THC
Other Questions You Should Ask To establish The Quality Of The CBD Oil Are:
- How was the hemp sourced and cultivated? Was quality sacrificed for a better price?
- When cultivated, was it free from GMO’s, pesticides and other unnatural practices?
- How was it extracted? CO2 extracting is standard and ensures the oil is pure.
What Are The CBD Oil Side Effects?
Side effects of CBD Oil, that will indicate you need to reduce your dosage are:
- Change in appetite and weight
- Fatigue ranging from mild to extreme
- Dry mouth
- Anxiety – mild to severe
- A mild low blood pressure
Important Things You Need To Know About CBD Oil Usage
There are some things you need to be aware of before you start using CBD oil and precautions to take while using it.
- You need to be 18 years old to purchase CBD Oil.
- Talk to your doctor before starting to use CBD products. It is vital that your doctor is aware that you plan to use CBD Oil, especially if you are on any other medication. He will be able to advise you on any potential drug interactions and side effects.
- Always buy CBD Oil from a reputable supplier who can engage with you, provide the necessary laboratory reports, advise you on the correct usage and storage of the product, and is fully committed to assisting you with any information you need regarding the product. Never by CBD products from a department store or online from sites like Amazon or eBay.
- Shake the bottle gently before use, this will ensure that the contents are properly mixed.
- Start with the lowest recommended dose and keep a log of the effects. Increase the dosage and frequency of use gradually, keeping good records of each change and effect.
- You may feel the immediate effects after 30 – 90 minutes, but long-term results may take several weeks to achieve.
- To prevent bacterial contamination, do not touch the dropper with your mouth or hands.
- Be familiar with the side effects and seek advice from your supplier if necessary.
CBD Oil is a wonderful product with many properties but needs to be purchased and administered wisely. Contact Miracle Balance, we stand behind the quality of each of our products.